Root canal therapy is a dental procedure used to treat infected or damaged teeth. During the treatment, the dentist removes any diseased pulp from inside the tooth and seals it off with a filling material. This process can help save an infected tooth that would otherwise need to be extracted, restoring its functionality and preventing further damage to surrounding teeth.
The diagnosis of needing root canal therapy is usually based on dental X-rays, certain symptoms and a physical examination.
1. Severe toothache pain
2. Prolonged sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
3. Swelling and tenderness in the gums near the affected tooth
4. Discoloration of the affected tooth
5. Pain when biting or chewing
Root canal Tretment procedure step by step (in detailed)
1. Anesthesia: Your dentist will administer local anesthesia to numb the area around the affected tooth, helping you remain comfortable during your treatment.
2. Accessing the Tooth: Once the area is numbed, your dentist will create a small opening in your tooth so they can access the interior of it.
3. Clearing Infection: Your dentist will then use special instruments to remove the damaged pulp and any bacteria or debris inside.
4. Filling and Sealing the Tooth: Once your dentist has finished clearing out the infection, they will fill the remaining space with a biocompatible material such as gutta-percha. They will then seal the tooth with a filling material.
5. Final Restoration: If necessary, your dentist may place a crown or other restorative dental treatment to protect and strengthen the affected tooth.
Cost of Root Canal Treatment
The cost of root canal therapy varies depending on which tooth is being treated, how severe it is and the type of restoration you may need. Generally, the cost for root canal therapy in india ranges from Rs. 1500 to Rs. 3500 per tooth depending on the complexity of the procedure.
If you have dental insurance, it may help cover part of the cost of root canal therapy. To learn more about your coverage and options for payment, contact your insurance provider or dentist’s office.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
1. Saves an Infected Tooth: Root canal therapy helps save a tooth that would otherwise need to be extracted due to infection or damage.
2. Prevents Further Damage: It also prevents further damage that can occur if the infection spreads to adjacent teeth and tissues.
3. Relieves Pain: The treatment helps relieve the pain and discomfort caused by an infected tooth.
4. Restores Functionality: Root canal therapy helps restore a tooth’s functionality and natural appearance, allowing you to eat and speak normally again.
5. Durable Solution: With proper care, root canal treatment can be a long-term solution for restoring an infected or damaged tooth.
Root canal therapy is a safe and effective way to treat an infected or damaged tooth. It helps save the tooth from extraction, prevents further damage and restores its natural appearance and functionality. The cost of root canal varies depending on which tooth is being treated and the type of restoration needed. For more information about the cost and benefits of root canal therapy, contact your dentist for advice.
This article is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute or replace medical advice or professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. If you have a medical concern, please consult with an appropriately qualified health care provider.
Always seek the advice of your dentist or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your oral health. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.