New York Zip Codes
Look up your City Zone Improvement Plan(ZIP) Codes for successful validation and effective mailing. The table below lists some Major Zip codes in New York City According to the boroughs
New York City is in the New York County-New York. With a 2022 population of 8.38million and it is the largest city in New York. New York City’s current declining rate is -0.65% but is inclining bat 0.02% according to the 2010 census which recorded a population of 8,175,133 and 8.38 million in 2022 Spanning over 468 miles. The population density of NY is 27,222 people per square mile.
Some Important Details on New York City
Average household income: $102,946
Poverty rate: 17.95%
Median rental costs in recent: $1,443 per month
Median house value: $606,000
Median age: 36.7 years
Males: 35.4 years
Females: 38.1 years
The composition according to the most recent ACS was:
Black/African American: 24.31%
More races: 3.63%
Native American: 0.43%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.06%
More Information about New York City (NY)
Time zone(s): Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Population: 8.38 million
Male Population: 4,015,980-(47.70%)
Female Population: 4,403,330-(52.30%)
Median Age: 36.7
Life expectancy: 80.9years
Mayor: Aric Adams
Area Codes: 212, 718, 917, 646
Land Area: 783.8 km²
The Boroughs of NY
New York City has five independent burrows which are:
- Staten Island
- The Bronx
There are about 800 languages that are spoken throughout New York City, which bags the city with the most Language diversity in the world in regards to the linguistic municipality.
Population Density: 26, 403 per square mile.
According to population projection, New York City will reach 9 million by 2040
The Bronx remains the highest growth projected of about 14% between 2010 and 2040. Manhattan will increase by 6.7% in 2040
ZIP codes According to the five Boroughs in New York City
|Manhattan||Brooklyn||the Bronx||Queens||Staten island|
|Central Brooklyn||Central Bronx||Northeast Queens||Port Richmond|
|10037||11233||Bronx Park & Fordham||11364||South Shore|
|Chelsea & Clinton||Southwest Brooklyn||10467||11354||10307|
|10011||11214||High Bridge & Morrisania||11356||10309|
|10019||Borough Park||10452||11358||Stapleton & St. George|
|10036||11218||Hunts Point and Mott Haven||11360||10304|
|East Harlem||11219||10454||Central Queens||10305|
|Canarsie & Flatlands||10459||11366||10314|
|Gramercy Park and Murray Hill||11234||10474||11367|
|10010||11236||Kingsbridge and Riverdale||Jamaica|
|10007||11201||Southeast Bronx||Northwest Queens
|Lower East Side||11217||10464||11103|
|Upper East Side||11210||Queens
West Central Queens
|10044||East New York & New Lots||11379|
|Upper West Side||11211||11692|
|Inwood & Washington Heights||11232||11697|
|10031||Bushwick and Williamsburg||Southeast Queens|
|10040||Greenwich Village and Soho||11413|
- Since the first US census in 1790, NY has remained the first largest city in the US, Seconded by Los Angeles. Chicago remains the Third largest city in the US with a ⅓ number of the New York City population.
- New York City is the birthplace of the LGBT rights in the USA
- New York City is recognized to have a great impact on the world’s entertainment, economy, education, media, art, technology, and scientific research.
- New York City’s first population count was 7,681 in 1698. Its population growth exploded in the 19 century from 80,000 in 1800 to 3.4 million at the end of the 1800s.
- New York City went beyond the 8 million mark in 2010 as a result of the almost 0% net growth between 1950 and 2000.
- The first name of New York City was New Amsterdam
- The First Pizzeria in the USA start in New York City in 1905, as certified by the Pizza Hall of Fame
- New York City has a Whispering Gallery at Grand Central Terminal
- Honking your horn in New York is a Crime that incites a fine of $350
- Going topless is allowed in NY
New York City Nicknames
- The City
- New York
- The Big Apple
- The Capital of the World
- The Center of the Universe
- A city so Nice They Named It Twice
- The City That Never Sleeps
- The Empire City
- The Five Boroughs
- Fun City
- The Greatest City in the World
- The Melting Pot
- The Modern Gomorrah
- America’s City
- The City of Neon and Chrome
Frequently Asked Questions- FAQs of New York Zip Codes
Which is the largest among the five Burroughs?
The Queens is the largest of the Burroughs With a land area of 109 square. m. The second-largest is Brooklyn with a land area of 71 sq meters. Manhattan and the Bronx are the smallest with Land areas of 23 and 43 squ. Meter respectively.
Which is the safest Burroughs to live in?
Staten Island is the safest neighborhood in the boroughs of New York City with a record of 1.7 crimes per 1000 residents among the 123 precincts.
Which is the cheapest Borough in New York City?
The Bronx is the cheapest neighborhood to live in precisely in Parkchester.
Read More: Los Angeles Zip Codes