Losing someone can be one of the most difficult times in the lives of people. They are stricken with grief, hopelessness, sadness and uncertainty of the future. While people are in the middle of this chaotic life, it can be extremely hard to know what to say and how to express yourself.
One way to hold the hand of the griever and give them a little comfort is by sharing the sympathy cards. A well-written and thoughtful sympathy card from sendwishonline can provide immense comfort and healing in a time of need. Whether it is for your colleague, family or friends, sympathy cards have the power to change the mood of the receiver and show them that your support will always be there for them.
What to write in a sympathy card?
When you start writing a card, it is essential that you express your heartfelt attitude and show sincerity. Of course, there are no right or wrong things to say, but you have to stay clear with a few things that might act like a trigger and in turn provide more sadness to the receiver.
- Express your condolences in a personal and private way. Let them know that you are grieving with them and are there to support them whenever they require it.
- Share some stories of the deceased. This could be a funny memory or something charming. This would act simply as a statement of how much they meant to you as well.
- Offer your support to the griever, and show them that you are ready to accept any additional help they might require. This could be in terms of work, or many some arrangements. Whatever they require you for.
- Try to avoid cliches. At a time like this, it won’t help but just make your efforts look like a formality. If you are attending any event, attend it with sincerity and likewise share your sympathy card with genuine reasons.
Sympathy wishes intended to provide comfort and healing
Here are some meaningful condolence texts to a friend that will undoubtedly relieve their suffering in these times of loss.
- Please accept my heartfelt condolences. May God grant you stability and blessings as you struggle with this difficult time of grief.
- No speech has the power to heal your broken heart. God bless you as you conquer this critical condition! Also, don’t think of yourself as being alone on this path.
- With heartfelt condolences, I wish you and your family the vigour to face the difficult times ahead and the strength to overcome the grief.
- I understand that the time is difficult for you, but just understand that we all are here to support to.
- I am deeply sorry for your loss. You and your family are constantly in our prayers.
- Everyone will miss the special person. They will always be charismatic for us.
- Take all the time you need and just know that your entire family is here for you.
- May your heart find the right path of healing. Our prayers are with you and you are not alone in this journey.
- Your entire family is in our prayers. We pray for your pain to wash away and may life give you another reason to smile.
- Hold on to the memories of your dear ones but do forward to the future. The pain will wash away soon.
Are Sympathy Cards Really Beneficial?
There is nothing better than sharing sympathy card. with people suffering through pain. Here are a few benefits of sympathy cards that would surely have a long-term impact on all the people going through the painful situation.
- It is a way to express condolences and let the people know that they have support from people whenever they may require it.
- It is a medium of expressing your heartfelt wishes without any embarrassment.
- The messages are usually motivating to ensure that the griever looks forward to the future and comes out of the phase with courage.
- It acts like a keepsake which the receiver can open anytime and feel the emotional strength to deal with any kind of pain.
- The cards would also strengthen your bonds and give your relationship a positive turn.
A simple way to write a Sympathy Card
It can be hard for many people to write a sympathy card and so we are here to prevent you from any kind of embarrassment so that you can convey your heartfelt messages in a sincere way.
The first thing to include in your condolence card is a greeting. It should include your name, something memorable shared between you and the person who has died, and how much you will miss them.
For example: “Dear Crystal, I understand your pain and I am deeply sorry for what you are going through. It was a pleasure to meet you at Nicki’s graduation party. She made such an impression on everyone in the room; you will sorely miss her smile and laugh.
- Thank You
Thank them for sharing their loved ones with you; this will mean a lot to them and is another way of showing your sympathy. If you were close enough to the person who has died, you can also express how much they meant to you and share a funny or touching story about them. This will make their day even though it is not a happy occasion for you.
- Thoughts of Love and Happiness
This is where you can show how much your sympathy matters to the one left behind. Share how they were so important to you and express your thoughts of love and happiness that they shared with you in free sympathy cards. This is especially important if you weren’t close to them but still want them to know how much they meant to your life.
- Kind Words
This is a great place to let them know how much you will miss their loved ones. Let them know that you will feel their loss and that despite being gone, they are always in the hearts of those who truly loved them. If they were a stranger, they would leave an impression, but you would always feel their loss if you knew them.
This is a very important part that many don’t pay attention to. Although the person who has died will never be forgotten, you can add a few words of remembrance in sympathy ecard and let them know that this one thing in your life that they shared with you will not fade away and stay with you every day. A few words of remembrance also help ease a little pain in the hearts of those left behind.
- Lasting Memories
This is a great spot to express your gratitude and the heartfelt emotions you have for your loved one. Express how much they meant to you and let them know how this will stay with you forever. It’s a good idea to share your memories in virtual sympathy cards so that when they close their eyes after this life, they will have abundant memories to keep with them for years to come.
This is really important so that your feelings look genuine because you have shared some moments with the deceased. Show how much you would remember them and what moments that would be. Let them know that although they are gone, you will not forget them and that their memories will stay with you forever.
The closing of sympathy cards is very important and very personal. Let them know how much you will miss them and how sorry you are for their loss. This is the end of your card so make sure it sums up how much this person meant to you.
- Add Pictures
If you can, add a picture of the person who has passed away so that the family can see them one last time in your own words. You don’t have to do this every time, but it is something they’ll appreciate later on.
- Keep it Simple
The entire point of a virtual sympathy card is that you express how you feel about their loss. Keep them simple no matter how many lines or heartfelt verses you can think of. You don’t have to say much because the words you choose will be meaningless if you cannot read them.
- Don’t Forget a Sender’s Name
It is also very important that you don’t forget to let the family know who your condolence card was from by signing off with your name.
It is also important to send a letter acknowledging them for their sympathy card. This lets the family know that you received it safely and have read it in full. It is also very appreciated by the person who has passed away and will bring a smile to their face because they can feel that they have done a good deed by leaving you an apology card.
The impact of Sympathy cards
Sympathy cards can have a huge impact on the griever. Whether you share the card virtually or give it in person, it passes on the message of healing and support. Studies have shown that people who shared or received sympathy cards had a feeling of being supported and less alone. They felt more positive emotions and were hopeful for the coming days. The people who shared the cards felt like they were a part of the community that came together during the sad times and reflected back on the happy memories of the deceased.
The impact of sympathy cards can also be felt in offices where colleagues become more like family members and share their support so that when the griever returns to work they are more helpful towards them. A simple card holds a lot of power, simply more than one can understand.
The power of sympathetic words
We use words to communicate our deepest feelings and during moments of grief words are our biggest tool. They have the power to heal, to provide comfort, to inspire and to give people hope. When you choose your words carefully, they might start feeling more supported and less alone.
This is your chance to celebrate the life of the deceased and give the griever a chance to see the beauty of the world that is still waiting for them.
The importance of sharing Sympathy cards with Colleagues
Over the years of working together, you start becoming close with your colleagues and the office becomes your home away from home. It is necessary that you share sympathy cards with your colleagues because they will expect your support. After going through a certain period of grieving, they would need to come back to work and would require you to make things comfortable for them. Sharing sympathy cards by inviting all your colleagues to sign and leave healing messages together would show the receiver that the entire office is in their support. It marks a huge moment when you together work for the betterment of your colleague showing what team spirit means after all.
This simple gesture would go a long way toward making your bonds stronger and creating a better workplace environment where colleagues can start trusting each other more freely.
While it is hard to just forget about the grief and move on, with time everything will be settled eventually. Your kind words and simple gestures of sharing the sympathy cards from sendwishonline will go a long way. With cards designed to give a sense of comfort to the receiver, the group signing approach will make them realise that there are many people to stand by them and become their support. Take the time to reach out to your close ones and cherish the bonds that you are lucky to have because nobody knows what might happen in the blink of an eye. It is necessary that you love the people close to you unconditionally because as brutal as life is, you might never get the chance to hold your dear ones closer again.